Save up to 100% on
Employer’s NIFind out more
By transferring the employment of your temp workers to Originem, it becomes a win, win situation. You, the recruitment agency benefit as we assume responsibility for all employment risk, take onboard all admin responsibility and save you up to 100% of Employer's NI. Plus the contractor workers themselves benefit by being taken care of in a number of ways:
First and foremost, temp workers employed by Originem can offset tax against legitimate businesses expenses, which effectively means a nice little uplift in their take-home pay. Effectively we show them how to pay less tax and they reap the benefits!
How the process works
How does a temporary worker migrate from working through your recruitment agency and being paid via the PAYE scheme to being employed by Originem and claiming expenses? Here's a step-by-step rundown of how the process works:
- Step 1
- The worker simply calls or emails us to register, passing the usual eligibility to work checks and signing a contract of employment with Originem to accept the details of the assignment they are working on via your recruitment agency.
- Step 2
- As soon as that assignment goes live, the worker (now an employee) is automatically covered by our professional insurance package to the value of a cool £25m.
- Step 3
- We then contact the employee by phone to welcome them onboard and follow up with a Welcome Pack to explain their responsibilities, introduce our online portal and tell them the all-important details of how they'll get paid.
- Step 4
- Once an employee is given access to our user-friendly online portal, they can do everything from download payslips to claim expenses. This is a fantastic piece of software that ensures all relevant data is captured and that payments can be made quickly, efficiently, correctly and on time.
- Step 5
- The employee submits their timesheet to the recruitment agency and the agency sends payment to Originem. We can also issue an invoice at this stage if required.
- Step 6
- The employee submits an expense claim to Originem via the online portal.
- Step 7
- We calculate the employee's basic pay, commission, employee and employer's national insurance and holiday pay using our state-of-the-art payroll software. Tax is offset against any expenses claimed and the employee is paid.
- Step 8
- The employee downloads payslips from our online portal – and is pleased by the uplift in take home pay!